Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I order products from Swiss Meat & Sausage Co.?
- How soon do I need to place an order for holiday delivery?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- When and how do you ship your products?
- What products are available and in-stock?
- How accurate are the listed product weights?
- Are your products inspected, approved, and do they contain preservatives?
- What is your substitution policy?
- What is your return policy?
- Do you offer quantity or volume discounts?
- How should I store your products after delivery?
- We make ordering easy – online at www.swissmeats.com, toll free at (800) 793-SWISS (7947), at our retail store in Swiss, Missouri, or in any of the many stores that carry our products. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff is available Monday – Friday from 8 a.m to 5 p.m. (Central Time). For fastest service, please have your credit card handy.
- Christmas Order
- Due to the heavy volumes of orders we process during the holiday season, please place your orders at least 4 full weeks prior to Christmas to assure that your package is received by Christmas.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Money Orders or Swiss Meat & Sausage Co. Gift Cards. (Gift cards redeemable in-store or by telephone order only at this time).
- To ensure that your parishable products are received in good conditions, we only ship products on Monday and Tuesday. Orders placed Wednesday through Sunday will be held until the following Monday or Tuesday. This allows your package to arrive at your home via UPS Ground or 2nd Day Air without undue delay. All shipments (withing the contenental United States) will arrive at your home with 2 days of shipping. Orders will be shipped UPS Ground Service when sent to any of the States marked in orange on the above map. All "free shipping" offers refer to Ground delivery only and are inclusive of this area only. Shipping locations outside of this zone require 2nd day air to prevent spoilage in transport and will be billed shipping rates as follows:
All States marked in brown on the above map require UPS 2nd Day Air shipment.
If total order is under $50.00 — UPS 2nd Day Air .............add $20.00
If total order is over $50.00 — UPS 2nd Day Air ...............add $30.00
All States marked in red on the above map require UPS 2nd Day Air shipment.
If total order is under $50.00 — UPS 2nd Day Air .............add $30.00
If total order is over $50.00 — UPS 2nd Day Air ...............add $40.00
Alaska and Hawaii shipments require at least $45.00. UPS 2nd Day Air charges. Call with any questions.
- Product Availability and Seasonal Products
- All currently available products for shipping are contained in this catalog. Some products shown in the catalog may not be available year round.
- Product Weight
- Actual product weights may vary slightly from weights listed in this catalog.
- Product Inspection, Approval, and Preservatives
- All products are U.S.D.A. approved and contain only an absolute minimum of preservatives. Some products are MSG free.
- Substitution Policy
- Your orders are important to us. We will strive to fill them exactly as ordered. If we are unable to fulfill your order as specified, we reserve the right to substitute another item of equal or greater value.
- Return Policy
- As many of our products are perishable, all food sales are final. Swiss Meat & Sausage Co. will be happy to replace any item(s) in the unlikely event that they might be damaged or spoiled during transit, or to refund you the full amount of your purchase. To make sure that you are satisfied with the product you receive, please inspect the contents as soon as your order arrives. Any discrepancy with your order must be brought to our attention within 24 hours of receipt of goods. Because many of our products are perishable items, we do not accept returns/refunds on unwanted product. You may email us at CustomerService@swissmeats.com or by phone at (800) 793-SWISS (7947) so that we may assist you with any problem or discrepancies.
- Quantity Discounts
- If you would like to purchase in volume, please call us at (800) 793-SWISS(7947) to discuss special pricing. This includes corporate orders for gifts that can be shipped to a single address or picked up at our store. We specialize in customizing gift boxes for your employees or customers.
- Product Storage and Handling
- ALL PRICES INCLUDE UPS GROUND SHIPPING, HANDLING, COOLERS AND DRY ICE ONLY. Special measures will be taken for you to receive your meat products in excellent condition. We do, however, lose control of the handling during shipment. If your cured or smoked products, such as Hams, Smoked Turkeys, Bacons or Smoked Sausages have lost their airtight seal upon arrival, please refrigerate and use within 4 to 5 days. Use well sealed packages within 10 to 14 days. If you do not plan to use your product in that time frame, please freeze. All fresh bratwurst & sausages must also be refrigerated and used within 2 to 3 days if they arrive with broken seals. Use well sealed packages within 5 days or freeze for later use. Swiss Meat and Sausage Company is not responsible or liable for perishable food shipments when the customer is not available to receive the package, or for delays related to the weather or any other circumstances.