Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 lb. Swiss Meats Hickory Smoked Bacon
(cooked and chopped)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
3 cups of cubed peeled potatoes
4 cups chicken broth
1-pint Half and Half
8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Brown the ground beef. Drain and set side.
2. In a 3 QT. sauce pan melt 1 T. of butter and sauté the carrots, celery and onions.
3. Add chicken broth, potatoes and ground beef bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till potatoes are tender.
4. In a small skillet melt 1/4 cup butter, add the 1/4 cup of flour, cook till bubbly.
Stir mixture into the soup to thicken.
5. Stir in the cheese and half and half till cheese is melted.
6. Add cooked chopped bacon, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and enjoy.
* You can garnish soup with more BACON, shredded cheese and Sour Cream if desired.